Thursday, April 16, 2009




While I was in Salt Lake City I ran into these two. They have been on the road for over 6 years. I was lucky enough to see a presentaion/slideshow of their trip. It was very inspiring. It definitly re-charged my wander lust and made me want to hop on my bike and not stop going. I still do not really understand why touring never really took of in the US. It is a great way to see the country , you get fit and it is not all that pricy. I feel as though this ties into the lethargy and xenaphipoia that mainstream America can perpetuate. The fast food industry alone is a great example of how car culture and convenience have created its own industry and lifestyle. The success of this industry is proof that this lifestyle dominates in this culture. I have often wondered how the US would function if there were no cars at all. Bicycles as the only form of transportation. Most economies would be localized, protecting the whole from economic heartship. I feel as though I could go on quite a rant about this so I am going to stop while I am ahead. You should definitly check out there site and some of there pictures. http://weltenbummler2003.de/English/Index.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment